The first drive

My obsession with the steering wheel has a long history. The younger me was a driver of hand made carts and wheels. The determination remained intact and the slightly older me was able to drive a motorcycle which was a different story to tell. The wounds, the mentorship and the apprenticeship were all worth talking. I was a quick learner so, I was able to drive a cycle in an hour which leaded me to drive a motorcycle later. Being a driver of motorcycle was a proud distinction for me. It paved my way towards being the red bull. When I saw my friends driving the cars and all those vehicles while those long drives, I wished the same for myself. The passion for being behind the steering wheel grew vehemently and then the day came when I tried driving the car of my uncle which was not a good idea to do alone. Still, I tried all the way alone which didn't end well with me. I was afraid and the opening of door of the car casted a spell on me. I was paralyzed and the inner of the car looked like a hell to me. The wind screen looked small and the road even smaller. The back seat filled with my abnormal friend who were trying to decrease my morale and destroy my confidence. The last thing I saw was my uncle in the front seat next to me. All this hoodoo made me nervous and my hands shook violently. The central as well as the peripheral system of my senses were involuntary to me. I was unbelievably unconscious which was not a good situation to lite the ignition. I reopened the door and let my feet out of the car. Suddenly, all the voodoo was out. There was no friend or kin in the car. The car was empty. After thinking for a little while, I sat back into the car. What I saw was ridiculously unbelievable. The friends and the furiously grinning uncle were back in. All the way, it was an excellent hallucination. I don't remember if I was on drugs but the involuntary behavior of mine compelled me to obey my sedative hallucination and false projection of my brain. I dragged myself out and went home. That was a incomplete and unsuccessful try of driving the car. This all sounded ridiculous later and the passion again started impugning in me. I tried hard to free myself out of my dull routine. Finally i got a leave and came to my uncle-cum-friend to, officially, teach me the smartest thing in the world that was driving offcours. He nodded in favour which was the best non-verbal discourse ever. The pinching process of waiting was finally over and I was in the car, behind the steering wheel. My teacher was quit nervous as was I. I controlled all the nervousness in me and put the key in the ignition switch. The car miraculously started with a light vibration which sounded much pleasant and friendly. I was on the way to a long drive. All the fears of mine were out and the car automatically started to move forward. All i had to do was moving the wheel. Everything was much familiar and lovely. The road looked broader and the deserts were showing a scenario of rivers, brooks and oasis resorts. Never was an ecstacy attained and it filled my heart with all the love in the world. My worries were no more, my fears were gone far an the roars of demons were diminishing inside. The concrete road was now abstract path towards heaven. The cliffs and grounds were looking like clouds and the time I spent behind that wheel stretched a hundred or a thousand times. The air and the droplets of that heavenly rain were adding the fuel to the fire. The kids at the back seat were singing the appraisal songs in the most melodious and harmonious tone. Some were praising me for being their driver while the others were singing Atif's beautiful voice. In the midst of all that sedation, the Moa'zn called in for prayers. We tried coming back to the concrete world and did that. I was driving the very first time in my life. This was a heavenly experience and I loved that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning

To the God.

Stream of consciousness